Thursday, March 17, 2016

Extreme Self-Ownership

Extreme Self-Ownership

Who here likes to play the blame game? You know, that stinky game where nobody wins. I've been there myself.

I'd be happier if she'd do this. My life would be better if they hadn't done that

On and on it goes. Then, it goes on some more. The never ending game of blame. 

Just for today, let's all agree to undertake extreme self-ownership. No blaming. No rationalizing. 

Sound tough? It will be. However, if we're waiting for others to change, apologize, take responsibility, or become how we want them to be before we ourselves are willing to change, then we can be assured of the following: our lives won't change. True, our lives may change on the outside, but if the way we are handling things stays the same, then we are really experiencing more of the same thing, but in different outer circumstances.

I don't know about you, but I'd hate to be on my deathbed and think to myself, "Golly, Old Man Nic, you wanted to make more of your life, but you never took ownership over becoming the type of person who could make more of your life. You let yourself mistakenly believe that change wasn't possible. In reality, part of you knew change was possible, you were just afraid. What a shame, Old Man Nic." 

Want to go deeper into extreme self-ownership? Email
nicsaluppo@gmail.com for more info about the
Physiology: A Gateway Into the Soul workshop!

Extreme self-ownership is hard. There's no debating that. When compared with the alternative, however, which is waiting for others to change so our lives can be better or wishing for a different past so our lives can be better, self-ownership is the faster way to have a better life. 

In what major area do you need to take extreme self-ownership? 

For me, it's developing my creative work. My dream is to create writings that change lives for the better, and to facilitate long-term breakthrough experiences. The problem is that I have days where I am discouraged, and want to wait for someone to come along to "make" it happen for me. Maybe if my mom and dad raised me better, I'd be able to figure this out more easily, I think. Maybe if I didn't have this vocal cord problem, I could more quickly get this breakthrough project underway

These are both great ways to keep myself stuck. It's time for extreme self-ownership. I had a childhood wrought with fear, loneliness, and anger. GREAT. I can use that to relate to other people. I have a problem with my vocal cords, and my throat often feels as if there's a grape in it. Terrific! Other people have reasons why they feel held back in life, and I can use my throat problem to relate to them. Plus, fresh grapes anytime I want!

So, in what area are you going to undertake extreme self-ownership? Let me know by leaving a comment below!

Here's to growth, -Nic 

Like the InspirationRushNow blog on Facebook 

If you liked this post, share it with your friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment